Friday, December 30, 2011

The Fingerprint Fly

Today’s post is inspired by the weekly photo prompt (originally from http://nanodeltech.com/), provided by Madison Woods. Be sure and visit her blog http://madisonwoods.wordpress.com/ each Friday to enjoy her 100 word #Flash Friday story. Read the comments and follow the links to other stories ranging from excellent to sublime.


The Fingerprint Fly
Crime bosses from around the globe converged in Las Vegas this week for the 54th Annual Gangland Technology Conference.
Vendors and mad scientist demonstrated the latest in electronic gadgetry to a mildly enthusiastic throng of over 6,000 underworld leaders and third-world dictators.
Evidence Eraser LLC, a New Jersey company, debuted “The Fingerprint Fly” (shown below). This tiny engraver confounds forensic experts by duplicating the fingerprints of internationally known celebrities—including this year’s favorite, Charlie Sheen—onto the fingers of common henchmen.

Promoters consider the show a great success. One well-known don from Chicago was quoted as saying, “Dis shitz amazing!”

12 comments:

  1. Dear Russell,

    Dis Story's amazin'!

    Very well done, especially the Charlie Sheen cameo. Loved it.

    Aloha,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! It is wondrous how many jobs we have all come up with for that tiny nano-bot to complete - but yours has got to be the most off the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cryptic company names! Way to go!

    I think my friday flash has a few references too...
    http://wp.me/p1MNJe-cw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea and a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Doug, Linda, & Karen. Looks like we all had a lot of fun with this prompt.

    Thanks, Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I laughed so hard that my family wondered what was wrong with me! Well done, and I've seen this conference here in Las Vegas, I think... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this! I'm still laughing. Great job!

    Here's mine:
    http://sweettea.kdmccrite.com/flash-fiction-3/when-little-wendell-sneezed-flash-fiction-122011/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so good! I love your sense of humor! I giggled all the way through til the punchline!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! A unique technological twist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA! I love it! A fingerprint etcher. And I must say, from beginning to end, the drabble was flawlessly executed. Great job!

    Here is the link to mine for the week: http://quillshiv.wordpress.com/2011/12/30/thetiniestspy/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I hope you plan to write a book around this concept because it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yet a different take on the photo. Very clever (and funny), Russell. A whole wealth of story material there!

    ReplyDelete